Don Knezek introduced the new standards which include:
- Creativity and innovation
- Communication and collaboration
- Research and information fluency
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making
- Digital citizenship
- Technology operations and concepts
The session began with a review of the process of the refreshment process including a discussion of the international input into the final product.
The celebration included recognition of the partners and supporting agencies (e.g., Partnership for the 21st Century Skills, U.S. Department of Education, State Education Technology Directors).
The true challenge of the refreshed NETS-S is to enjoy the ride - seeing how the new NETS-S play out in individual classrooms.
Technorati Tags: necc2007 necc necc07 necc2007 n07s843 ChristyKeeler